Tannenbaum Scro, P.L.
Call For a consultation
941-444-9092 | 866-615-4543
Spanish Language Services Available

Dealing with a neighbor's destructive, disruptive construction

On this blog, we often discuss disputes and complications that can arise when you are having construction work completed on your home or on commercial property. However, construction projects and disagreements don't just affect the people who are actively involved in a project.

If you live near someone remodeling a house or on a street that is undergoing significant maintenance or repairs, you might find yourself dealing with some headaches that you never expected.

For example, if construction work near your home is causing damage to your property, creating excessive noise or making it all but impossible to enjoy your home, you will likely need to consider taking action to address the situation.

How you go about doing this depends on a number of factors, including the type of complaint you have and the party responsible for the problem.

For instance, a simple conversation or letter could be a good way to address noise violations. In these situations, you may be able to persuade your neighbor or the contractor to work at different times or notify you when certain projects are underway.

If your property is being damaged by your neighbor's projects, more aggressive action may be necessary, as there will likely be costs associated with repairing your property. In these cases, filing a formal legal complaint can be the best way to document the damage and have the appropriate party cover it.

In the event that the at-fault party refuses to work with you or acknowledge the disruption or damage they have caused, more aggressive action may be needed. For instance, homeowners in another state had no choice but to file lawsuits recently after a contractor failed to respond to complaints that construction work was cause damage to neighboring homes.

If you are in a situation where your home or property has been damaged or negatively impacted by neighboring construction work, it can be critical that you consult an attorney familiar with construction laws here in Florida. Legal representation can help you protect your home and seek the appropriate remedies for problems caused by others.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Tannenbaum Scro, P.L.
1990 Main Street
Suite 725
Sarasota, FL 34236

Toll Free: 866-615-4543
Phone: 941-444-9092
Sarasota Law Office Map

Tannenbaum Scro, P.L.
214 S. Lucerne Circle
Orlando, FL 32801

Phone: 407-956-2184
Orlando Law Office Map

Tannenbaum Scro, P.L.
970 Lake Carillon Drive
Suite 300
St. Petersburg, FL 33716

Phone: 727-287-1018
St. Pete's Law Office Map

Tannenbaum Scro, P.L.
1415 Dean Street
The Dean Suites
Fort Myers, FL 33901

Phone: 239-215-4131
Fort Myers Law Office Map